Writing Has Me In The Corner
March was a busy month. I didn’t get much writing done, but April is a different story. I can’t escape writing this month, it’s surrounding me. All my writing projects are pushing me in the corner demanding that I write them, demanding I feel them and spend time with each of them. They’re fighting each other to be in the spotlight.
Here’s what I’m currently working on in the writing world:
- Editing Lucky Star (yes, I’m still not finished).
- Writing my new book, Wheeling the Streets.
- Writing for The Coffee Courier.
- April is National Poetry Month and I’m participating in writing a poem a day for a month from Writer’s Market.
- I’ll be taking live webinar classes on writing for the next several months.
- Along with the webinars, I’m taking online classes for different types of writing. I found this awesome site with free courses from Universities around the world. I’m currently taking a magazine writing course from Ohio State University. I’m also taking a creative writing course and child development. I want to be the best writer I can be.
- I’m doing Writing 101. It’s a thing on WordPress for bloggers and writers to get in touch with their creative side and become better writers. We get a new prompt each day and many posts them on their blogs. We’re also added to “the commons” a site on WordPress where writers meet writers and receive feedback. Our first prompt was a free write called Unlock The Mind and this is my free write. Not very creative, but I hadn’t updated my blog in a while. I won’t post all of the daily prompts on here, but I will post some.
Now if you will all excuse me, I have to fight the writing projects to free myself from the corner. They’re hungry for attention and I’m hungry for food.
I hope all of you are having a good day,